addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Antonio Sportbike Riders Message Board › Electrical Problems

Electrical Problems

CarlosH
user 14647991
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 4
Hi, i'm owner of a '09 GSX-600R with HID Lights, one month ago the lights started to flicker but only when motorcycle was turned off. 3 days ago my lights went off and something very particular is happenning because the starter of the motorcycle works perfect and that make me think my battery is ok, but when i use the signal lights or go from low/hi - hi/low bean, all speedometer resets and nothing work on it!! That make me think there's a short somewhere or at least is a electrical problem!!! I would like to know if somebody have had that kind of situation or if somebody knows a person specialized in electrical issues, not all the good mechanics have good electrical skills, thank u so much i hope to solve this issue because i wanna ride my baby as soon is possible.
A former member
Post #: 593
There are several things it might be, but the most likely suspect is a bad ballast or frayed wiring on the hid lights. This can cause the current draw your talking about and wouldnt necessarily blow a fuse. Try unplugging the hids altogether and see if anything changes.
A former member
Post #: 594
Also, it would be agood idea to put a metrr on your battery while the bike is running to check the charging system. Set your meter to voltage and it should read at least 12.9 or better, espec after you rev the engine abit. If its any lower, you prob have a bad regulater/rectifier which are a decade long issue with this bike. I just replaced one on an 09 with 250 original miles on it!
CarlosH
user 14647991
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 6
Thx paul, i unplugged my hid already!! Please give me ur number and address to take my bike to you! I didn't know how to contact you!!

Thank you sir!
A former member
Post #: 595
1st banner ad on the left of this page
heather_byb
user 104143972
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1
So what was the problem
CarlosH
user 14647991
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 7
I haven't fixed it yet because i had problems with my car too and i had to pay a lots of money to get it fix! Waiting to save up some money then take my bike to the mechanic to see what happen! I know that is a short circuit comming from left hand side controls but i don't know what exactly is!!!