addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Antonio Sportbike Riders Message Board › thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 124
yeah, no kidding. wish i could go too.
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 149
so i finally made it out to eagles canyon and...love struck

i heard so many negative things about the track surface and the long drive but now that i got to see and ride the track myself i dont see the complaints to be valid. i must say its a heavy braking track with alot of elevation change and its technically bad ass biggrin. if u wanna place to drag knee then you must try this one.

its cool to see how much support Ride Smart has all over texas. san antonio support seems to be slacking a bit but i always have cool people to talk to. we all go for the same reason...to have fun. if any of you have questions about the track just ask.
Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 12
Thanks Paul, Steven, Robert, and Jerry for helping me get out to my first track weekend. It was definitely an adventure lol! I don't have anything to compare it to but I think Eagles Canyon is amazing and I got exactly what I wanted to get out of a trackday. That track really forces you to practice lines, body positioning, and braking with various types of turns that kept it pretty interesting. I definitely agree that my riding ability before and after is as different as night and day!
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 150
here's some for u scott------

steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 151
so, here's my trackday 6. i have been putting together what the RS instructors have been teaching me, almost like a puzzle. things such as body position, braking, looking through the turns and most importantly throttle control. with throttle control i have found that i can move myself from inside the track to the outside without changing body position. this method is the tool that has moved me to the next level.

and yes, i still have chicken strips...ON THE FRONT--lol

steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 152
trackday 7: level 2 - ahh, one week of training complete. i started out as a "back of the group guy" and now i'm a more confident back of the group guy...cool

i know there's many people on this site that want to get out to the track but always find themselves saying they can't. there is no pressure or requirement that you be fast. you just have to want to learn, be willing to listen and get out there and try. your pace will increase naturally. many are afraid to wreck their bike at the track but if you focus on what the instructors teach you about resisting your reactions to fear and use techniques like tools to handle moments of panic which lead to accidents, you will greatly decrease your chances of crashing . honestly, i feel more likely to wreck riding on the street than i do on the track confused. by building the skills to control your bike on the track, you will learn your bike can do alot more than you think it can. in fact, you will be amazed shock at how much more confident and safer you become too. the pictures don't lie. before my first trackday, i did not have the skills to ride like i do now and i owe it all to taking that final step and getting out on the track...all made possible by ridesmart and all of us that go.
Miguel G.
user 5094940
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 102
Awesome Steven !!!
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 153
thanks miguel
A former member
Post #: 49
Good read. I like it everytime somebody takes the plunge and then hearing/reading their reviews. I've never met anybody that went to the track and said it was a bad idea. Hell, I even wrecked at my first track day and didn't give a crap about the bike, I just couldn't wait to get back out there.
Now if only the folks that spend $600 on an exhaust which does nothing for their skills, would instead INVEST that on 2 or 3 trackdays........ah hell nevermind.
A former member
Post #: 191
True that Chad! Enjoyed your write ups tremendously, Scott and Steve. Its really cool to read the impressions of folks who have actually tried this and compare it to the reasons that others haven't. Excuses....