addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Antonio Sportbike Riders Message Board › thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

Manny
user 5951470
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 41
cool Steven, I'll try to get together with you soon about specifics - I'll start buttering up the boss for days off ! - See u at the next meetup! - I also need to see about tuning my suspension - 07zx10R biggrin

(210)373-8112 cell
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 196
i'm back from Eagles Canyon Raceway and feel i did very well. it was hot out there and the drive was long but i really like this track. i'm hitting lap times of high 2:15's now (not very fast if you race) but it's getting harder and harder to shave off single seconds. i think the most important thing i was able to work on this weekend was passing. yes, we all can pass each other on the street but it becomes extremely important to have a plan for passing long before the actual attempt. coming out of a turn next to someone and both going to wide open throttle and hitting the rev limiter through a couple of gears most likely means that your gonna have some hard braking to do because at the end of every straight is a turn. we all get to work on our lines but when someone already has that line you know then you will have to adjust accordingly in order to make a safe pass for yourself and the other rider. being off your line while passing can send you "off-roading" if you fail to plan ahead. this should always be in mind when trying to pass in the hill country especially because you have that yellow line running down the center of the road. anyway...here are a few more pics:

btw, i just had to see my 1st trackday pic again along with my most recent pic. it's still hard to believe that i've come all this way in such a short amount of time.

day 1

steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 229
so... we had a couple people get a taste of the trackday expirience this weekend. the only place we could find chicken stips was at whataburger because yall sure wore them tires down. what did yall think about it?
A former member
Post #: 28
Ridesmart is the greatest thing since sliced bread! I had the most fun I have ever had and thats been riding dirtbikes and street bikes! I'm selling my dirtbike to help finance my track bike...lol. Anyways here are some bullets why you should at least try it once.

*The atmosphere is SUPER friendly and begginer friendly!
*The cost compared to other schools such as CSBS and others is great (you looking at thousands to go to something like CSBS and for about $200-300 (track, fuel, food, hotel, etc.) or so you can get on the track, learn, and have some idividaul attention by an instructor!)
*You learn ALOT!
*Again SUPRE FUN...no better enjoyment...once you go to the track the hills don't even ccompare!

Like I said you need to just try it out once...you'll be hooked! I can't wait for next weekend!

-Aris
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 230
here's some vid (with music) from the track. i don't have perfect body position nor do i claim to be fast but i'm learning more with every trackday.

body position angle

rear mount camera

A former member
Post #: 29
SIC vid Steve! I can't wait to get a GoPro....
Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 31
MSR Houston was pretty sweet! It has an awesome mix of tight back and forth turns, long curves, and fast straights. I can't believe how much I have learned and how much better I feel about my riding in such a short time. Thanks for another great time guys!
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 237
so what did you think about cresson?
A former member
Post #: 32
Ive been wanting to do this, what do I need to do to my bike? As you can see I have a very heavy big bike, not your everyday sporty. What do I need for myself besides a helmet, boots, and gloves?
Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 40
For your protection, you're required to wear full leathers, racing boots, gauntlet style race gloves, helmet. For level 1, you might be able to get away with leather pants and jacket as long as they zip together. To prepare your bike, tape up or remove glass, lights, reflectors, and license plate.