addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Antonio Sportbike Riders Message Board › thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 239
looks like we're gonna have to get thomas out there too.

Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 42
Scott wrote: Ive been wanting to do this, what do I need to do to my bike? As you can see I have a very heavy big bike, not your everyday sporty. What do I need for myself besides a helmet, boots, and gloves?

Is that a Hemi powering your bike?! LOL
Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 43
wth? That dude in the top video learned body positioning on his first track day?! I'm jealous!
Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 44
Group rates huh.... We need to look into that!
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 244
you would need a group for a group rate...lol. imagine all the sportbikes on this site that never get to be used for what they were made to do crying but when a non-sportbike gets out there it just makes it that much cooler
Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 45
I know a group of three or four people biggrin
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 245
which one are u going to next? im doing houston and cresson. im gonna stuff my face for thanksgiving so i wont make it to tws but probably go out to houston again so thats 3 more for me.
Scott
user 10677363
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 46
I'd liked to do Cresson and Houston. Halloween and Turkey weekend aren't good for me either. I'm pretty sure Aris is down. I might also be able to get some first timers to come out too.
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 246
i talked to a few guys about trying out the trackday expirience. it was suprising to hear how hard they thought it would be to even get to the track. getting the bikes there and geting the bike prepped were huge concerns. they felt like a trackday was like going to the moon...lol. i can say that i felt like it would take alot of work too. but i honestly feel it requires more work to go to the coast. the best thing is when more people go, the less expensive it gets for everyone. it would be great to have more people go out and have fun with us. i know alot of people feel like they're being force fed all this track stuff but i have yet to hear anyone say that they didnt have a great time and that they didnt get any better as a rider after they went. a few people have said i have lost my passion for riding because i dont ride the street much but its really because the street is scaryshock. crazy drivers and speeding tickets, i donot miss one bit.

these are numbers taken from a poll about ridesmart on another site. i don't ride with any other trackday organizations so i cannot comment on them. the poll question is: "Which SINGLE word best describes why you attend ridesmart trackdays?"

Friends - 20.55%
Price - 19.18%
Organization - 8.22%
Instruction - 2.74%
Location - 9.59%
Date - 10.96%
Ty Howard - 4.11%
Traffic - 1.37%
Forum - 0 0%
Atmosphere - 5.48%
Practice - 17.81%
A former member
Post #: 33
Steve W, Thanks for noticing I`m not a sporty lol.
Scott, no not a hemi lol, just a little 1500, 6 cyl., car tire on rear, truck exh., nothing fancy. Anyway I`m interested in this, I`m attending the bike awareness maybe we could talk more about it.