The San Antonio Web Development Group Message Board › Recent Changes

Recent Changes

Johnathan I.
user 7198637
San Antonio, TX
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to reach out to all of you in light of some recent changes as some of you might be aware that the group needed a new organizer.

I've been a member for a couple of years now and have attended a few meetings myself. If you have ever been you know you could expect a great group of highly intelligent, skillful developers drinking pints and discussing the latest and greatest in web technology.

Seeing that this group has a robust membership and a long shelf life, it would be a shame to see it fade out. From scanning through the posts and comments made to this group, it is clear that all of you would like more meetings (including myself)! I happen to be in the position in which I can dedicate my time and facilitate our group's overall success. With that said, I took the plunge and assumed the role of group organizer.

I will be spending the next couple of weeks making group changes, establishing our online presence and working out a tentative meeting schedule. Your feedback will greatly help in making group decisions and pulling everything together. Remember that this group is for you and while not required, your voice will directly impact our community so feel free to let me, or everyone, know whats on your mind!

I'd like to tip my hat to the founders and successors of this group who have done a great job thus far! I hope to carry on with the same intent and passion that inspired this group in the first place. :)

Next Steps:

• Want to sponsor? Know a sponsor? Let me know - we need meeting spaces, food donations and free internet!
  • Members: Provide ideas, suggestions and comments that will help make this group better.
  • Need an assistant organizer! Anyone want to help take on the challenge?

I'm pleased to announce our group now has a Sponsor: Blue Clover @ www.blueclover.com

Cheers,
John
Mark F.
user 8130662
Boerne, TX
Post #: 2
Hi, John. I really appreciate you stepping up to avoid seeing this group die. How can I help with organizing a meetup?

Mark