addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Antonio Web Development Group Message Board › Is this meetup alive?

Is this meetup alive?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello,

I tried to attend the last meetup on June 1st, but I couldn't find the group! I live at the Lake, so it was a bit of a drive to get down there. After several minutes of trying to find the Fox & Hound, I arrived a few minutes after 7. I asked the hostess and several of the waitresses if they knew anything about the meeting. None of them had a clue about it. I also looked around the tables. I finally took a seat near the foyer and waited until leaving just before 10. Did anyone else attend?

I sent an e-mail to the organizer earlier this month about the June meetup but didn't receive a response. I notice that several new members have joined since I did, so I've taken a bit more interest in this group lately.

Perhaps we can stir up a discussion here and breathe some new life into this group.

Travis Estill
A former member
Post #: 1
I was out of town, but I will be at the next one.

Sometimes its kind of hard to find the group, I had a similar issue at the first meeting, and subsequently Roger had been making a small sign to sit on the table top.
A former member
Post #: 2
Yes! We had a great discussion! There were 5 of us altogether. Sorry you didn't see us. Maybe we should make sure that the hosts/hostesses have some idea about where we are... so, somebody can ask, "Where's the meetup?"

My only negative observation was that it was so incredibly loud that it made it challenging to communicate easily. But maybe I'm just old and hard of hearing. :-)
A former member
Post #: 2
Well, shoot. I can't believe I couldn't find y'all. Where were y'all seated? There was a "going away" party in the room on the right (the "Green Room"?) and a group from Enterprise in the main room. It was a bit too loud for a discussion in that main room. I noticed a small room in the back just before I left. Maybe that would be a better place to talk. Or, if there's enough interest, we could consider a more formal venue for the next meetup.
A former member
Post #: 3
Oops... I'm sorry... I was NOT there on June 1st, and I can't speak for the rest of the group. The only meeting I attended was prior to that. Roger?

I would love to see this group prosper, so count me in on July 6.