A former member
Post #: 2
why was this canceled? (pardon me if i missed something)
A former member
Post #: 3
Well, it seems that the organizer (Roger?) stepped down and the meeting was automatically cancelled. Perhaps he's out of town or just forgot to pay the organizer dues (I didn't realize there were dues until looking the other day). I'm willing to step up as the organizer, but then Roger may suddenly come back from his long trip to Botswana and be ready to plan the next meetup.

While we wait for Roger to show up, let's go ahead and plan the next meetup. Anyone know of a good coffee shop? What day of the week is preferred?
A former member
Post #: 3
i'm kinda of the opinion that we can go ahead and continue on with this meetup as it was planned...

if the Fox & Hound over there is a bit to de-centralized... what area would be a better spot?

North (1604x281)
North West (1604xi10 or bandera)
North East (1604xi35 or 410)
North Central (410x281)
Central (Riverwalk)
etc... roll call i guess?

personally i live head 1604x281, so most any including North works for me.

-greg
A former member
Post #: 4
North SA would be good for me as I live at the Lake. I didn't really like the Fox & Hound. Good place for a party, but too loud for any serious discussions. A quieter venue would be better, IMO.

What would be great is if we had enough interest to rent a meeting room. Perhaps down the road a bit.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the long absence. I missed out on paying the organizer dues and so I am not the organizer anymore. I will need a little time before I can re-up as organizer, but believe me, if there is someone else who would like to step up as organizer, or even if someone would like to co-organize with me, you have my support. I have been working on some really cool PHP/Linux related projects that I think could help a lot of people out. I think the important thing is that we keep this thing going while people are still interested.

Roger Lopez
A former member
Post #: 4
well... here is my recommendation, because my friend is a manager here so I know we can set aside room if we want.

7:00 pm tonight @ Bennigans @ Gold Canyon and 1604 (its just east of the 1604 & 281N). If thats kewl, then I'll make sure the hostesses know and such. It will be a lot quieter and we can discuss going forward with whomever shows up.

-greg
A former member
Post #: 5
Sounds good, but can we do 8 pm?
A former member
Post #: 5
fine w/ me.. gonna do a new post that way it shows on main page.
A former member
Post #: 6
Was that July 6th or 7th?
A former member
Post #: 7
d'oh sorry