addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The San Antonio Web Development Group Message Board › A walk-through of my first Google Chrome extension's source code

A walk-through of my first Google Chrome extension's source code

Jason S.
jdstraughan
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 8
A couple of weeks ago I decided to write a Google Chrome extension. I had wanted to take a stab at creating an extension for a long time, but could never find the right project. Then I decided to create a filter to stop my passive browsing of news media sites. I wrote a blog post about why I wrote the extension, you can read it here.

Over this past weekend, I wrote a walk-though of the source code. Hopefully this helps you if you are an aspiring extension developer like myself, and if you are an veteran in this area your constructive criticisms will be appreciated.

The source code is all available on GitHub for your forking pleasure, or you can go directly to the Google Web store and install the extension for free!

Thanks SAWD!