addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Santa Barbara and Ventura Sailing Group Message Board › Calling All Captains, Bareboaters and Event Hosts

Calling All Captains, Bareboaters and Event Hosts

Alec H.
user 4981115
Carpinteria, CA
Hello All,

I'm going to be a bit busy during the months of April and May, so I'm not going to be able to Organize as many events, so I'm putting out a request for Event Hosts.

Here are the three type of events that you might consider hosting;

• Boat Owner Captains that would be gracious enough to host newbie crew on their boat for a daysail.
  • Captains that are not owners, but are capable of Bareboating a boat for a daysail and also be able to handle a newbie crew.
  • Event Hosts who would like to Organize a meet and greet type of get togethor, probably at a public eatery/tavern close to the water or a harbor (this does not require ANY boating experience)

Meetup has a new feature called Event Host, that allows me to give you Organizer power over the Event (Manage the calender, edit RSVP's, Email those who RSVP). While you don't have to use this function (I can set up the event and manage it if you like), it gives you much more control over the event.

If you are interested in possibly being an Event Host, reply to this email, and we can talk about more details.

Thanks again to everybody, we are shaping up for an incredible season.

Alec Hardy
805-453-0437
Alan
user 7710828
Port Hueneme, CA
Post #: 4
Ahoy All,
I have been busy and the weather has not been the best. With the time change and having a bit more daylight after work I would like to do some short evening sails during the week. I am up for and ready for some daysails on the weekends. My boat is comfortable and can take 4 or 5 crew. I will post some sails probably starting in April.
Alec H.
user 4981115
Carpinteria, CA
Post #: 18
Sounds Great Alan, when you're ready and have some dates, just email them to me and I'll get them set up for you and thanks again.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello!

I finally have a slip in Ventura beginning April 15! Once I get settled, I'd love to host some day sails, but I would need to have someone with more sailing experience and skills than I have (at least one very experienced sailor) who would feel comfortable being in charge. I'm more used to being at the helm but really want to learn more. And I'd love to sign up to go on another boat as crew! I'm really looking forward to getting up there and doing some sailing this spring and summer. Thanks for organizing this!

Anita

A former member
Post #: 66
Hi Anita, I am a very experienced female sailor and live right here in Ventura; I crew on raceboats out of Channel Islands Harbor. I would be happy to sail with you anytime;. In addition I am also planning a women's support sailing group; I am looking for a boat on which to host. Let's get together and chit chat..

Ferne 805 302-2400

Hello!

I finally have a slip in Ventura beginning April 15! Once I get settled, I'd love to host some day sails, but I would need to have someone with more sailing experience and skills than I have (at least one very experienced sailor) who would feel comfortable being in charge. I'm more used to being at the helm but really want to learn more. And I'd love to sign up to go on another boat as crew! I'm really looking forward to getting up there and doing some sailing this spring and summer. Thanks for organizing this!

Anita

Michael C.
user 9545893
Santa Barbara, CA
Post #: 1
Alec---I am a charter captain at the sailing center in SB. (In fact, I just picked up the Mon-Wed schedule on the Double Dolphin!) If you're not available for a charter, let me know. I'll see if I can captain for the charter, maybe get a reduced rate.

Also, am happy to act as captain (unofficially) for others on their boats as my time allows.

BTW, I am no longer doing charters on my own boat at Channel Islands. Didn't work out.

Best,

Michael Colin
Alec H.
user 4981115
Carpinteria, CA
Post #: 19
Alec---I am a charter captain at the sailing center in SB. (In fact, I just picked up the Mon-Wed schedule on the Double Dolphin!) If you're not available for a charter, let me know. I'll see if I can captain for the charter, maybe get a reduced rate.

Also, am happy to act as captain (unofficially) for others on their boats as my time allows.

BTW, I am no longer doing charters on my own boat at Channel Islands. Didn't work out.

Best,

Michael Colin

Sounds Great Michael, perhaps you could do some After Work sails out of the Sailing Center, they were very popular last season, but I was only able to go out once every other week. We may be having a meet and greet at SB Harbor sometime in late April, which would be a great time to meet skippers and crew.

When you have some free dates, let me know, and I can get you scheduled up.
Alec H.
user 4981115
Carpinteria, CA
Post #: 20
Hello!

Anita

Excellent Anita, great to here from you. You'll see that Ferne responded to your post, I think she'll be a great resource for you.

I'd also be willing to help out, but probably not until say the middle of May.

Thanks

Alec
805-453-0437
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Alec and Ferne! I was excited to get Ferne's email and already called and left her a message. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Anita
619-574-0842
A former member
Post #: 68
Hi All, I will be hosting a meeting for women sailors who for the purpose of learning and networking. We will plan day sails, education, sailing trips, networking, etc. I would like to be a co-organizer on your site to arrange meetups. My plan is not to exclude men but to focus on women sailors; we hope to have the support of our male peers with informative talks and offers of skippering(?) their boats on which to sail and teach. I will crew when needed.....
Email me or call...
Ferne

Hello All,

I'm going to be a bit busy during the months of April and May, so I'm not going to be able to Organize as many events, so I'm putting out a request for Event Hosts.

Here are the three type of events that you might consider hosting;

• Boat Owner Captains that would be gracious enough to host newbie crew on their boat for a daysail.
  • Captains that are not owners, but are capable of Bareboating a boat for a daysail and also be able to handle a newbie crew.
  • Event Hosts who would like to Organize a meet and greet type of get togethor, probably at a public eatery/tavern close to the water or a harbor (this does not require ANY boating experience)

Meetup has a new feature called Event Host, that allows me to give you Organizer power over the Event (Manage the calender, edit RSVP's, Email those who RSVP). While you don't have to use this function (I can set up the event and manage it if you like), it gives you much more control over the event.

If you are interested in possibly being an Event Host, reply to this email, and we can talk about more details.

Thanks again to everybody, we are shaping up for an incredible season.

Alec Hardy
805-453-0437