addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Bay Rock Climbing Group Message Board › New Meetup: Castle Rock Climbing

New Meetup: Castle Rock Climbing

David
user 10632697
San Francisco, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for South Bay Rock Climbing Group!

What: Castle Rock Climbing
When: Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:00 AM

Where: Castle Rock State Park
15000 Skyline Blvd
Los Gotos, CA 95033

For those of us staying in the south bay this weekend we'll do a meetup at Castle Rock State Park. There is top roping, bouldering and sport routes in the park. We can do a mix of all three if there is interest.

I've got a rope and enough gear to setup an anchor for it. Plus a crashpad for bouldering. If you have gear please let us know what you can bring so we'll know our people to gear ratio.

I don't know the park super well so I'm open to suggestions on where to climb. If you know specific routes let us know what type they are and the difficulty rating.

The weather looks decent at 70 degress on Sunday, though it can be cold on the hill as it's shady and the fog can roll in. So bring something warm just in case.

There is free parking on the road or you can pay to use the lot.

Here is a map from the State Park's site. I don't really think the marker they have is at the parking lot entrance though. Use the map to get the location where highway 9 and 35 meet.

Then go south east (left if coming from Saratoga) for about 2.5 miles. You'll see the signs and parking lot on the right.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/lat_long_map/default.asp?lvl_id=176­

Lets try and pick out a few climbing spots before hand so we can post them here. That way if people are late they'll have a chance of finding us. Otherwise it'll be pretty hard to walk around the park looking for us.

As always saftey is 100% your responsibility while out climbing. No one on the trip is a professional guide. If you are unsure about someone's anchoring setup ask them about it or get a second opinion. Remember you are putting your life on someone else's anchor each time you tie in.

Check it out!