SB Winos Group Objectives
SB Winos Group Goals/Objectives:
1. The Meetup events should be for people with more than a novice’s understanding and background in wine.
2. We should meet regularly - once per month, plus special events.
3. The Meetup should provide education and experience, not just an excuse to get sloshed.
4. The Meetups should provide an opportunity to taste a broad variety of wines selected by people who have more than an beginner’s appreciation for wine.
5. The Meetups should help to develop our palates for food-wine pairings.
6. The Meetups should provide an opportunity for members to share knowledge about wine.
7. The Meetups should help us develop our lexicon for wine, such as characteristics of wine flavors and aromas.
8. The Meetups will typically use blind tasting to remove bias and stereotypes.
9. The group can facilitate wine travel and touring of wine regions, and endeavor to get private visits to wineries and vineyards for members.
10. The group shall typically meet at local restaurants or local tasting rooms that can host us, provide adequate wine-friendly food, with minimal or no corkage fee charges.