addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Science Museum Lates Message Board › Science Museum Lates - Speed and Thrills this Wednesday

Science Museum Lates - Speed and Thrills this Wednesday

A former member
Hi everyone,

It's nearly that time again, as we take over the Science Museum for some adults-only fun with Science Museum Lates this Wednesday!

This Wednesday we focus on Speed and Thrills to tie in with our new exhibition Fast Forward: 20 ways F1™ is changing our world (watch the excellent BBC News interview with the curator Katie Maggs).

Additionally, the hugely popular silent disco returns, alongside a classic pub quiz, you can take the 'Pit Stop Challenge' and find out how quickly you can change an F1 tyre, and for one night only we'll have a giant Scalextric track!

As usual with Lates this is an open invitation - I tend to chat with people throughout the evening so if you see a tall man with a yellow badge saying "Peer" on it come over a say hello - but you can come and go as you please and there is no formal time to meet up (if someone would like to start a more formal meetup let me know!).

As usual, an advisory on the queue - it can be more productive to arrive slightly later (around 7.15pm) rather than for the doors opening at 6.45pm; this doesn't impact on what you'll miss out on. And the map/guide for the evening will be available in the next 24 hours should you want to pre-plan your evening - join me on Twitter­ and as soon as it's available I'll give you the link for you to download it!

If you've got any questions or comments please get in touch as I'm always happy to hear from you, and I hope you enjoy the speed and thrills of Lates this month!

Regards,

Peer on behalf of the Science Museum