Science Museum Lates Message Board › Centenary Lates this Wednesday - help us celebrate our 100th birthday

Centenary Lates this Wednesday - help us celebrate our 100th birthday

A former member
Hi everyone,

Five days to go to the next Lates event at the Science Museum! It's our Centenary special, with gallery tours, drag racing and adult-only party games, including giant twister and a bungee run.

Doors open at 6.45pm and the fun goes on until 10pm. More information on the Science Museum Lates webpage.

I'll try to meet with people as they arrive - I'll be the tall one standing around near the entrance, wearing my badge. Apologies if I have to leave quickly though; it's always a problem when I'm working as well. As usual, you’re always welcome to wander through the galleries, get involved with the entertainment and have a drink!

This month I was wondering if anyone wanted to part in a little experiment, for Meetup members only.

We have some Flip Mino digital video cameras that you're welcome to use to film your evening as you walk around the museum. Would you like to borrow one?

At the end of the evening we'd take them back and any suitable footage would be added (with full credit) to the Science Museum's YouTube channel. And the person who takes the best footage wins the camera they were using!

Let me know before the evening if you're interested in taking part - you're very welcome to!

If you can't make this month we've got three days of centenary celebrations throughout the weekend of the 26-28 June; we’ve got an extra special concert on the 20/21 July featuring a new arrangement of Brian Eno's classic album "Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks"; and Lates goes into Space on July 29th.

See you on Wednesday!

Peer on behalf of the Science Museum