align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Science Museum Lates Message Board › October Lates this Wednesday!

October Lates this Wednesday!

A former member
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

This Wednesday Lates­ investigates the birds and the bees - sex and science.

We'll be joined by Dr Petra Boynton as she explores the myths and realities of sex, guests can engage in a spot of speed dating, Punk Science show off their bits and there’s a free oyster for everyone.

You can also learn how to improve that smouldering Latin American attitude with a quick lesson in salsa dancing, move your body to some slinky tunes at the Silent Disco, and if you're wondering why you dance the way you do, Dr Peter Lovatt discusses "Dance, Hormones and Sexual Selection". You too can determine who you will find hot, or not, on the dance floor...

And finally, we'll have the usual list of regular Lates events - the Pub Quiz goes all "lurve", we’ll have the usual great selection of gallery tours, and if you want to get away from it all, try a bit of brass rubbing.

I'll be walking the floors throughout the evening, however if you'd like to meet to say hello, and so I can point you in the right direction for an event, meet me between 7.15-7.30 around the main ticket desk and the cafe, on the ground floor. I'll have my name badge on!

As usual, I will be working during parts of the evening, so apologies if I have to rush off, but you're all very welcome to indulge in some excellent adult science-y fun!

See you on Wednesday,

Peer Lawther on behalf of the Science Museum