Science Museum Lates Message Board › Science Museum Lates celebrates Genius with some very special guests

Science Museum Lates celebrates Genius with some very special guests

A former member
Hi everyone,

An earlier email than usual this month as we've announced a really exciting talk that'll form part of May's Lates on 26 May. I thought you might be interested!

The bumph we've released today:

From the steam engine to the World Wide Web, from the theory of evolution to the discovery of the atom, British science and ingenuity have helped shape the modern world. Join us for a very special talk sponsored by Hiscox - launching their association with the new Channel 4 series The Genius of Britain.

Come along to hear the stories of the people behind these pivotal moments of scientific genius. Discover the men and women who overcame all obstacles in search of scientific advancement and debate where the geniuses of the future will come from.

Introducing the night: Stephen Hawking

Speakers: Professor Jim Al-Khalili, Professor Richard Dawkins, Sir James Dyson, and Lord Robert Winston.

Chair: Krishnan Guru-Murthy

Please note this is a ticketed event during Lates and full tickets cost £15 per person, member ticket price £10. To register your interest please email callcentre@sciencemuseum.org.uk.

----

We'll still have a full evening of free Lates events away from this though - the guide to the evening will be available on the Lates webpage towards the end of next week and from what I've seen, it's another packed programme.

Unfortunately I can't make it to Lates this month as I'm on holiday but as usual everyone is welcome to come down and enjoy the evening!

If you attend the "Genius" talk then I hope you enjoy this fantastic opportunity to meet some of the premier minds the UK has produced, and I hope you have fun at Lates!

Regards,

Peer on behalf of the Science Museum