Milwaukee's Fictioneers: A Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup Group Message Board › Sci Fi Facebook Group

Sci Fi Facebook Group

Rachel P
user 11318532
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 2
I was just reading some interesting stuff about Futurism in the new issue of Smithsonian and thinking how cool it would be to post a link for those in the group who might be interested. I'm just not sure if there's a place for that sort of thing here on Meetup. However, it would be exactly the kind of thing you could easily do with a Facebook group and that might be a neat way to keep in touch and share information in between meet-ups.

I did a search and couldn't find any local fan groups on Facebook, but it would be easy and free to start one. If it was an extension of Fictioneers, it might also be a way of bringing in more fans who haven't found their way to Meetup.com yet. The monthly meetup could easily be posted in the event section there in addition to here. It could also be a community that could include fans we know who aren't local enough to make it to the meetups.

Does this interest anyone else? What do the organizers think?

Thanks,

Rachel

A former member
Post #: 4
I think this is a good idea.
Mary P.
MaryPrince
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 44
The steampunk community has 2 facebook pages, and is doing pretty well at handling both posts and events there. So a SF page would probably work too.
If you are interested, check out:
Wisconsin Neo-Victorian and Steampunk Association
Milwaukee Steampunk Society
Rachel P
user 11318532
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 4
Okay, I've done it. I've created a Sci Fi Facebook Group and I hope some of the members here at Fictioneers are interested in joining it. I should point out that it is a totally separate group from Fictioneers, but if you love sci fi on meetup, you can love it on facebook, too.

The group is called "Midwest Multiverse Sci Fi & Fantasy Fans" and here is a link.

http://www.facebook.c...­

Thanks,

Rachel