align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Milwaukee's Fictioneers: A Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup Group Message Board › Fictioneers Book club discussion

Fictioneers Book club discussion

Kyym K.
Hyslyders
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 17
The idea of a book club was proposed at our last meeting by "mkeme'.
All in attendance agreed it would be a good addition to our group activities.
We as a group could gather together on an alternate than meeting night
and discuss the merits of a Sci-fi or fantasy or related book. Thus far we
have had the following titles suggested:

From Brian
Anathem By Neal Stephanson
The Difference Engine By William Gibson and Bruce Sterling

From mkeme
Boneshaker By Cherie Priest

From Kyym
Whitechapel GODS By S. M. Peters

Gee, anyone notice a trend in book suggestion?

If any members have any additional titles E-mail
them to Brian or me before the next meeting.

Kyym
A former member
Post #: 3
Was a book chosen? Sorry I couldn't make it, sick dog. :(
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi all! :)

I was just looking at my meeting notes and at the last meeting & we decided that Anathem wasn't a book everyone was interested in reading. Sooooo...

We decided on:
And Another Thing… the sixth installment of Douglas Adams's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy".
I just read that Eoin Colfer is the same author of the Artemis Fowl series so I think I'm going to love it!

A former member
Post #: 23
What ever happened to this? Here's a suggestion for the future. Sometime between now and Easter the "short list" of Hugo nominees will be published. Why not discuss each of them in turn?
A former member
Post #: 2
I missed the last meeting I was signed up for. Babysitter issues. I was wondering when this will be and I take it from the message below that the Hitchikers Guide Trilogy is what was chosen. Are we to read all 3 books or just the first one? Thanks for the info!!
A former member
Post #: 8
Vanessa, we already read "And Another Thing..." by Eoin Colfer, which is the book you see above, and discussed it. You are welcome to bring it up at a meeting if you decide to read it. We haven't decided on our next book yet. Suggestions?