Sailing Club of Washington (SCOW) Message Board › Not part of a crew, have sailed before, how can I get out there?

Not part of a crew, have sailed before, how can I get out there?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hey all! I have sailed quite a few times with my uncle. My most recent sailing adventure was from VA to the Bahamas in November, 2009. I enjoyed the trip, and I am looking to get out there on the water. I'm not part of a crew. What is the best way to get out there (besides buying a boat of course)?
Sandy
SunnySandy
Solomons, MD
Post #: 82
Welcome to the meetup group! We offer many fun events throughout the sailing season and in the off season too.

There is no need to buy a boat, because SCOW has a fleet of sailboats located on the Potomac River at the Washington Sailing Marina in Alexandria, Virginia. The boats are available for SCOW members and guests to use.

I'd suggest attending the social events, membership meetings, social sails in spring, maintenance days, and Brunch to kick off the sailing season on March 11. All events that are open to the general public are announced on the meetup group calendar. Some of our events are only available to SCOW members. But, joining the club is very reasonably priced -- $45 annually for individuals, $70 for a family membership.

When I joined the club, I met lots of people to go sailing with especially at the social sails and during the training classes.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sandy