The Kennesaw Scrabble Meetup Group Message Board › Kennesaw Scrabble Meetup Group FAQ's

Kennesaw Scrabble Meetup Group FAQ's

A former member
Post #: 108
What's this group about?

This group is about playing SCRABBLE, meeting new friends and having fun. This is a social group and not an ultra-competitive group (meaning this group is not practicing for the U.S. Scrabble Open) so keep it light and fun.

Is there a fee to join this group?

Nope, there is no member fee at this time. As organizer, I pay the monthly fee for having the group and running it.

Members only pay for their own refreshments and noshes at the Café where we meet.

If this policy should change, members will be told 60 days in advance.

Do I have to be an expert player to join?

Not at all. As stated before, we are not training for a competition and are just here to have a good time and socialize.

Can I bring a friend to the meetup?

Of course you can. The more the merrier!

Can I bring my child(ren) with me to the meetups?

The Café is a public place so you can bring your child(ren) but remember we are there to play Scrabble so be sure to bring activities to keep your child(ren) occupied. If the child(ren) are old enough to play Scrabble and want to join in on the fun, then that's great.

When do you meet?

We meet every second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Once the group gets off of the ground, we might meet twice a month if the members vote to do so.

Where to you meet?

We are meeting at the Cocoa Bean Café at the corner of Jiles and Baker Roads in Kennesaw. This is a nice, little, quiet coffee shop where we can enjoy a warm drink, yummy pastries, good conversation, great company and a nice game of Scrabble.

Do I need to bring anything to the meetups?
The only things you need to bring are:

• Yourself;
  • Any friends you want to invite;
  • Money for anything you want to eat and/or drink at the Café; and
  • A Scrabble board if you have one in case we have more than 4 people attend an event.

Other than those things listed above, you are good to go.

Why is it important to RSVP?

This allows the organizer to prepare for the event by snagging enough tables and chairs for everyone at the Cafe. You are able to change your RSVP up to the day of the event, so you can change your response if your circumstances change closer to the day of the meetup. RSVP also helps the organizer recap the event and allows new comers to the web site an idea of what the meetups are all about.