COME CHECK IT OUT FOR ONLY $5 BUCKS!
With Jessica Hinds
“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.” – Pablo Picasso
There was a time when creativity was easy—when you were a child, driven by an endless desire to create, and no fear, no judgment, and no internal censor whatsoever.
The goal of meditative writing is to return you to that time, when finding your voice as a writer was as easy as being yourself, and raw creativity flowed as effortlessly as inspiration.
You’ll learn to banish writer’s block forever, find inspiration in an instant, and discover the heart of your story and your characters, by tapping into your own voice as a writer, and your deepest creative instincts.
How Does It Work?
Each session begins with a short guided meditation, followed by a series of carefully crafted meditative writing exercises, designed to transport you out of your everyday life, and connect you to the emotional truth of your story and of your characters.
Over 6 weeks, you’ll build a writing practice that allows you to get your pages flowing at will, recover the joy you’ve always felt with writing, and write from your most connected place every time you sit down with your characters.
Meetup Members can check out the first session for only $5 bucks with no obligation, to decide if the class is right for you!
Who Should Take Meditative Writing?
Whether you are brand new to writing, or a seasoned writer looking to inject energy back into your writing, meditative writing will change your writing life forever.
Designed for writers of all types, including screenwriters, playwrights, poets, novelists, and writers of any other genre, here are just a few of the many benefits of this approach:
- Uncovering the Real Emotional Underbelly That Drives Great Films
- Discovering Your True Voice
- Creating More Provocative Dialogue, Images and Action
- Developing an “Inspiration on Command” Writing Schedule
- Injecting Joy Into Your Writing Process
- Getting in Touch With Your Characters
- Finding the Heart of Your Story
- Discovering Theme
- Natural Subtext
- Opening Up Your Creative Side
- Learning How To Write Even When You Can’t Find a “Quiet Place”
- Connecting Yourself To Your Characters and Story Even If You Are Working On Assignment
- Writing Cooler, Bigger, More Intense and Compelling Scenes
- Learning To Love Your Weirdness and Understand Its Value
- Banishing Writers Block Forever
NORMAL COST: $350
MEETUP MEMBERS: Check out the first day of this workshop for only $5 bucks with no obligation!
Class Size is Strictly Limited To Allow All Students The Opportunity to Workshop And Receive Feedback On Their Writing. You MUST RSVP to attend this event.
PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE 10 MINUTES EARLY TO ASSURE THAT YOU DO NOT DISTURB THE MEDITATION.
You'll LOVE this workshop or your money back!