Announcing a new Meetup for The Lake Mary Scuba Club!
What: Alexander Springs - Wed. 12/9
When: December 9,[masked]:00 PM
Alexander Springs National Park
49525 Highway 445
Altoona, FL 49525
Are your gills drying out, and looking to blow some bubbles?? Planning on hitting Alexander Springs for an afternoon dive, this coming Wed., 12/9. Meet @ the gate @ 1pm!
- As with all Florida's springs, water temps are around 72 - 74 degrees, so a full wetsuit is your best option.
- Max depth is 25' - 28' ffw, so a single tank should be good for 2 dives.
- This spring has 4 "vents", with good water flow, so vis is exceptional.
- There is a bit of a carry (approx. 500') to get your equipment from the parking lot to the picnic tables down by the water's edge, but its not too bad.
- Alexander Springs is a National Park, so your State Park yearly permit is not accepted. However, the fee (including scuba) is $5.28 per person...can you say "CHEAP"?!!!
Hope to see ya'll there! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me an email!
Learn more here:http://scuba.meetup.com/150/calendar/12030284/