addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Scuba Lovers Message Board FIND A BUDDY › Post Thanksgiving Humboldt Squid Diving

Post Thanksgiving Humboldt Squid Diving

Enrique G.
EnriqueVG
Oakland, CA
Post #: 32
Anyone interested in some post-Thanksgiving shore diving.

I can do Fri, Nov. 23 or Sat. Nov. 24. On Friday, there are spaces avail for Pt Lobos, so thats a possibility. Otherwise, Im open to any shore diving site.

Let me know.

Apparently, our waters are filled with Humboldt squid right now, up from southern waters. it would be cool to see them (they can get as big as 6 ft long, 40 lbs, but doubtful we'd see any that big)
A former member
Post #: 1
I may be up for Pt. Lobos but can you remind me how long the walk is down to the shore? I'm working with a bum back ;(
Felipe
Felipe_Gomez
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 3
I am up for Point Lobos on Friday!
Felipe
Felipe_Gomez
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 4
I meant Friday, November 23. Hope we get more people!
I am up for Point Lobos on Friday!

Enrique G.
EnriqueVG
Oakland, CA
Post #: 34
Sounds good. If we want to do Friday Nov 23 at Lobos, at some point we should make reservations. I'll keep an eye there -- so far there are plenty of spots left, but if it starts filling up, we should make reservation.

(Note on Pt. Lobos -- is a marine preserve - strictly no hunting/taking, and they limit it to 30 divers per day (which means nice big fish unafraid of divers). There is generally a long surface swim involved, with lots of kelp

And it costs $10 per diver to dive (payable when you reserve or at, and $10 per car to park )

http://www.pointlobos.org/diving/dive-calendar­
Aaron B.
aaronburcham
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 10
I may be up for Pt. Lobos but can you remind me how long the walk is down to the shore? I'm working with a bum back ;(

Alethea, Point Lobos has the shortest and easiest walk to the water out of all of the shore diving sites. If you look up Whaler's Cove in your favorite mapping website in satellite mode, you'll see just how close you can park to the water. The best parking spots are around 15 feet from the water.
A former member
Post #: 2
That would be fantastic then! Count me in and I'll ask my dive buddy too ;)