addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Santa Clara Valley Knitting Meetup Message Board › MV Peet's Appreciation — The Grab-bag Project — Feb. 11, 2013

MV Peet's Appreciation — The Grab-bag Project — Feb. 11, 2013

Kathleen
klowen
Los Altos, CA
Post #: 1
Ladies, just wanted to remind you that our Valentine Knit-Cro grab-bag is coming soon.

Grace has already given me two luscious cowls to add to the stash. Anyone who is contributing and wishes to drop an item off before February 11, 2013 can leave them with myself or Mira. Or you can bring it on February 11 - the Monday before Valentine's Day.

Let me know if you have any questions - either in a post or in person next Monday night at Peet's. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!

Kathleen

Betty C.
user 65806592
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 1
I want to join in but I'm darned slow. Something simple like a dishcloth with "heart Peet's"? I'll need some advice about design and colors.
Mira
user 11356797
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 14
Oh by all means Betty, I think an I heart Peet's cloth is a nice idea! I'm sure someone on the staff would be very happy to have that.
Mira
user 11356797
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 15
Good point! Thanks for reminding. I am stealing Liz's idea and making a bag too (a different looking one though). I've got some simple paper bags we can use as a gift bag (though if you want to bring in something nicer instead that's fine of course). And I can bring in a card for us all to sign.

I've been missing a lot of meetups lately, I think it would be good if someone with more reliable attendance would be in charge of putting together card & gifts on the 11th. Kathleen? Suzanna? Liz?
Suzanna
user 2617121
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 17
Sorry for the confusion. I misunderstood what a grab bag was.
I chat with the Peet's staff when I'm ordering my beverage for the evening and tried to pick colours of yarn that would look good next to them. Not tied to any particular person receiving any particular item.
I'm sure they will appreciate whatever we create for them. :)
Mira
user 11356797
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 16
I agree Suzanna! Who wouldn't be touched? Hats off to Kathleen again for this great idea.