addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Santa Clara Valley Knitting Meetup Message Board › Fellow knitter to help me get around

Fellow knitter to help me get around

Judy R.
user 8601547
Milpitas, CA
Post #: 32
I am a knitting addict but I have fibromyalgia and do not drive. I am looking for someone to drive me to doctor appointments and also help me with housework. I live in Milpitas and need help around 4 or 4pm, so I prefer someone who lives close and doesn't have to fight traffic. I am an intermediate knitter and love love love to talk about knitting and even give tips, exchange yarn and do a bit of teaching or learning when I have the energy.
You can email me at judyros@pacbell.net

I also would love to have email pals and phone pals to discuss knitting. I am into felting, entrelac, brioche, thrumming and anything new and challenging to do with knitting.

Judy
Mira
user 11356797
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 17
Hi Judy,

I don't know about the housework and pal support, but for driving to doctors' appointments, you might try checking with your doctors' offices to find out if the hospitals they're associated with offer transport services for people like you. El Camino Hospital calls this service Road Runners, and I'm pretty sure it's free to patients. I don't know about the other places.

Take care,
Mira
Judy R.
user 8601547
Milpitas, CA
Post #: 33
Thanksfor the info. but the whole point of me posting this message is to have a real human being help me instead of a "taxi service." I can get Outreach for $8 round trip but it's so impersonal and all they do it get you there and drop you off. I need someone to help me when I arrive, to take me on multiple errands and help me in the grocery store. And then I need them in the house.

I pay $10 plus .55 per mile for gas while on the job.

Thanks, Judy