Santa Clara Valley Knitting Meetup Message Board › Teaching young knitters to be

Teaching young knitters to be

Elena
user 99789532
Campbell, CA
Post #: 1
I'm a case manager at a group home for foster youth. We have 3 homes and work with 18 kids at a time. I have several of my teens that are interested in learning how to knit. Was looking to see if anyone would be interested in helping us out. All 18 are not interested, I would expect a group of maybe half that. I can get space at our non-profit head office. If you are interested or have any questions, please call me at 408-409-3881. Thank you! Elena Gorrow
Emma
Sanjosemom
San Jose, CA
Post #: 4
Hi Elena,

I have called you and left a meessage.
I am interested in teaching interested teens to knit.
Look forward to hearing back from you.

Emma
Laura
user 7870644
San Jose, CA
Post #: 5
You can acquire free yarn, knitting needles, lesson book and more through NAMP, Needle Arts Mentoring Program, at: NAMP Link
Laura
user 7870644
San Jose, CA
Post #: 6
I'm not sure exactly who I received an email from -- so this is to whomever it was: I'm not available for teaching at this time. I am a high school teacher and right now I'm really overwhelmed in preparing for an AP course. However, I want to encourage you to get the NAMP materials -- they're really designed for those without previous teaching experience, very step-by-step. Additionally, I would recommend getting one or two instructional DVDs. They're really helpful when you have more than a couple students -- they can't all fit around the teacher and view very well, however they can all see a tv or monitor.