The San Diego Scooter Squadron Message Board Sell, Buy, Trade, Barter, Free › Motorcycle Junk Yards in San Diego??? Wanna Go?

Motorcycle Junk Yards in San Diego??? Wanna Go?

Dave D
Yellow_Jacket
San Diego, CA
Post #: 92
Hey folks
I did a web search and found the following for motorcycle junk yards in our fair city. Any experience? Do they have back lots you can prowl around in? I need some bigger/better mirrors for my Majesty and a rear rack? Anyone want to go junks shopping??

Dave-D

GRAVEYARD CYCLE PARTS - Lemon Grove, CA Phone: 619 582-2748

EL CAJON MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE - 685 El Cajon Blvd. - El Cajon, CA 92020 Phone: 619 442-4487

ROCKET MOTORCYCLE - 1558 India Street - San Diego, CA 92101 Phone: 619 239-3256

SILVER CLOUD CYCLE - 7636 Lemon Avenue - Lemon Grove, CA 91945 Phone: 619 698-6589

California A and S MOTORCYCLE PARTS - 7601 Auburn Blvd. - Citrus Heights, - CA 95610-2217 Phone: 916 726-7334 Fax: 916 726-7386 http://clubhouse.ascy...­

And a search for your part site CA Motorcycle junkyard search Page
http://www.fullthrott...­

karenina
aka_KA
San Diego, CA
Post #: 28
MAJESTY ?!?!!

So, you bought one used?

CONGRATS !!
(do tell) ************************ !!
A former member
Post #: 53
What color is it Dave? And year. If its not yellow are you going to paint it yellow.Put a picture up. I find the mirrors on mine are to small.
A former member
Post #: 18
That sounds like a blast. Keep me posted... I am in for that adventure.

TC
A former member
Post #: 52
How cool. I have some mirrors if youre interested. Blue badge it mate. Chrome out the cowls.
A former member
Post #: 326
That's a great idea, Dave! I'd be up for that... I could use a few spare parts.. just in case I ride in a group again! tongue
Dave D
Yellow_Jacket
San Diego, CA
Post #: 93
OK, here are the details of the new scoot. First the background. My daughter, Michelle, really likes to ride with me and we are both big people. The Vespa had enough power but the seat was cramped for us two-up so I started looking at maxi-scooters.

Literally tried on a bunch but most seemed too short for me. I'm 6'2" and my knees would almost touch the handle bars. Also, the maxi scoots seem to use a more reclined seating position than the Vespa and the built-in feet platforms were even worse for my long legs. After trying out Hondas, Yamahas, Piaggo X9, Burgmans etc I settled on a 2007 Yamaha Majesty with 2,400 miles from Fun Bike Center. The Majesty **almost** fit me and I thought that once the driver's seat rest was removed I'd have the needed leg room.

Turns out that even without the seat back rest I still feel a bit cramped. I found an inflatable child's surf board and have been trying that as a seat riser-- it gives me about 2 more inches and feels pretty good. I'll use that for a few weeks and then go to the upholstery shop for a more permanent-- and less slippery-- solution. (Any recommendations for a upholstery shop?)

I debated about the Burgman 650 as it did fit me better, but it just seemed like a lot of scoot for city use and weighs a ton. The Majesty is 400 cc but feels much lighter and has plenty of power to cruise effortlessly at highway speeds. The power curve is a bit weird, feels like a 200 cc scoot up to about 25mph and then the power really kicks in. Brakes seem very good and the twin headlights give really good night vision. Lots of storage room under the seat but my modular Nolan helmet just doesn't quite fit! Bummer. The scoot is metallic blue and very clean and will debut at the diabetes ride!
Christopher M
Cruise-Control
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 191
I'd use Ebay instead.

But, also call North County Cycle Salvage in Escondido - Good shop with helpful people.
karenina
aka_KA
San Diego, CA
Post #: 29

(Any recommendations for a upholstery shop?)

Hoffman Foam. They do incredible custom work. When you walk in youre IN the shop, talking to the person who will actually manufacture your item. A real find.

They are in the mid city area (still) (have moved once to I forget where over the past 10yrs)
Christopher M
Cruise-Control
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 192
You could try a Sheepskin Seat Cover with a piece of fitted foam under it.
Sew the foam onto the under side of the seat cover.
I am about the do the same thing.
I could use a bit more room to stretch out.