The meeting/start location for this ride (April 3) has CHANGED. We will now meet at La Boheme condos in North Park and have a logo unveiling celebration and special announcements there before heading out on our ride. Steve has reserved the community lounge in La Boheme for the occasion, and light refreshments will be provided.
The unveiling/celebration will take place from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the La Boheme Community Lounge. Free parking for your scooters is available in the retail parking garage under La Boheme, located in the alleyway between 30th Street and Ohio Street, which you must enter either from Lincoln Avenue or University Avenue between 30th Street and Ohio Street. Zero in on the route map to see where: http://bit.ly/17a01Fh
Steve will meet you in the retail parking garage between 6-6:30 p.m. At 6:30 p.m., he will escort everyone to the Community Lounge upstairs. If you are running late (try not to be), you can call Steve on his cell: 619/993-4684.
After months of iterations and refinements, a brand new logo for the San Diego Sqooterheads is now ready for the world!
Sqooterheads showing up for April's Happy Hump Day Ride will get the first look at it. It'll soon be adorning patches, buttons, stickers, web sites, event posters, banners, poster, and who-knows-what-else around San Diego and the Internet.
Kudos to Sqooterhead Daniel for putting his graphic design skills to expert use in creating our new logo.
Also on this ride, Sqooterhead Steve will have a very exciting announcement about our involvement in Amerivespa 2013, coming to San Diego in June. Our ride (http://bit.ly/17a01Fh) will be a loop similar to that planned for the Sqooteheads Amerivespa ride, and we will finish at Hillcrest Brewing Company, which bills itself as the first openly LGBTQ microbrewery in the nation.
It's a big Wednesday coming up for the Scqooterheads!
- New monthly evening ride.
- First Wednesday of every month.
- Hosted by the San Diego Sqooterheads.
- For LGBTQ scooterists and their friends and allies.
- Begins at Claire de Lune in North Park.
- Kickstands up at 6 p.m. promptly; return to Claire de Lune by 9 p.m.
- Features spectacular sunset/twilight/night-time scenes.
- Typically includes stop at LGBTQ-owned/friendly establishment for refreshments.
- Local roads only -- no freeways.
- Good for those who work weekends & often can't make weekend rides.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following:
Scooter riding -- like any Activity on public roadways -- can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at his or her own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to his or her equipment or themselves.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT SCOOTER RIDING -- LIKE ANY ACTIVITY ON PUBLIC ROADWAYS -- INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH.
- FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES.
- HEREBY RELEASE FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ATTENDING, ATTEND FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.