OK Sqooterheads, this ride is all about ... Missions! Misison Valley, Mission Center Road, Mission Village Drive, San Diego Mission Road ... and the oldest Mission of them all (in San Diego) -- the 18th century Mission San Diego de Alcalá itself! We'll take them all in, followed by a stop at the newest dessert bar in North Park, Swoon. Now isn't that a ride to just swoon over?
Here's the route: http://goo.gl/maps/PECNy
Bone up on the Mission: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_San_Diego_de_Alcal%C3%A1
And here's an article about Swoon.
Ride starts at Casa de Luz in North Park (following the Sqooterheads Amerivespa planning meeting at George's pad a few of us are going to).
Start gathering at 7 p.m., and we leave by 7:30 p.m. Claire de Lune is open til 8 p.m. now so we can mingle there until kickstands up.
- New monthly evening ride.
- First Wednesday of every month.
- Hosted by the San Diego Sqooterheads.
- For LGBTQ scooterists and their friends and allies.
- Begins at Claire de Lune in North Park.
- Kickstands up at 6 p.m. promptly; return to Claire de Lune by 9 p.m.
- Features spectacular sunset/twilight/night-time scenes.
- Typically includes stop at LGBTQ-owned/friendly establishment for refreshments.
- Local roads only -- no freeways.
- Good for those who work weekends & often can't make weekend rides.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following:
Scooter riding -- like any Activity on public roadways -- can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at his or her own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to his or her equipment or themselves.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT SCOOTER RIDING -- LIKE ANY ACTIVITY ON PUBLIC ROADWAYS -- INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH.
- FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES.
- HEREBY RELEASE FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ATTENDING, ATTEND FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.