At the wonderful suggestion of Sqooterhead Lisa, we'll scout out some neighborhoods where the holiday lights are shining brightest. Then we'll head to the old-fashioned piano bar at Inn at the Park for libations and live entertainment by Nicky award-winners Andy Anderson and Nathan Fry, pictured. Chek them out at: https://www.facebook.com/andyandnathan.
Bound to be a memorable night!
And here it is! After some great input from fellow Sqootherheads about good places to see holiday lights, here is our itinerary and map for tomorrow's Happy Hump Day Holiday Lights Ride.
Stops, in order, include:
A. Claire de Lune in North Park (gather at 6p.m., kickstands up at 6:30 p.m.)
B. Burlingame neighborhood
C. Organ Pavilion at Balboa Park
D. Ivy Street in Bankers Hill
E. Garrison Street in Point Loma
F. Giant Xmas tree tower at Sea World
G. Sunset Blvd. in Mission Hills
H. Inn at the Park (stop for drinks & live music)
I. Vermont Street Bridge
J. Return to Claire de Lune
Background on the Happy Hump Day Rides:
- New monthly evening ride.
- First Wednesday of every month.
- Hosted by the San Diego Sqooterheads.
- For LGBTQ scooterists and their friends and allies.
- Begins at Claire de Lune in North Park.
- Kickstands up at 6:30: p.m.; return to Claire de Lune between 9:30-10 p.m.
- Features spectacular sunset/twilight/night-time scenes.
- Typically includes stop at LGBTQ-owned/friendly establishment for refreshments.
- Local roads only -- no freeways.
- Good for those who work weekends & often can't make weekend rides.