Jill K.
user 14022706
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
My husband and I would like to get a frenchie and are seeking recommendations for local SOCAL breeders. We are not interested in shipping our pup, but would consider NorCal and Arizona for the right pup. We are hoping to find a pup from a small breeder and are not interested in backyard or big breeders who do not guarantee the health of their pups. We are not interested in a show dog, but a little campanion to cuddle in our lap and provide us with lots of joy.

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated!
Melissa
user 10538981
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
Hello,
I highly recommend this website to find your Frenchie: http://frenchbulldogc...­. It will give you all the info you need about Frenchies and all the breeders listed should be AKC and divided by state. Another great site the has some great info is the www.akc.org website which leads you to the French bulldog of America website. We found our Frenchie via the AKC website which then routed us to the Frenchbulldog of America website. You'll pay a little more with a dog that is AKC certified but I felt a lot more comfortable knowing that the pup I got wasn't inbred. These breeders breed for health and not just for some crazy rare color like blue or chocolate brown. You also get a history called a pedigree (a family tree) to better ensure no inbreeding has taken place. Also all the breeders listed will have a 1 yr health guarantee.

If you have any questions, let me know:)

Good luck!
Melissa
Jill K.
user 14022706
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Thank you Melissa! I've been researching the breeders on this site, but wasn't sure about their reputations. Your feedback helps us to feel a bit more comfortable about using one of them. Hopefully we will have a new pup later this year and we can participate with the group!
Jill K.
user 14022706
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
We've been going through the list of breeders on the site recommended and are not getting many responses. A friend recommended Big Bulldogs of Fallbrook. Has anyone had any experience with them and would you recommend them?
mary
user 17451531
San Diego, CA
Post #: 24
Hi,
I have not had any experience with them, but I have not heard great things about them. Here is my breeder's website. I highly recommend her: http://distinctivefre...­. She is up past Temecula, but worth the drive. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mary Catania
Melissa
user 10538981
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
Getting a Frenchie does take time since the litters can be small and reputable breeders don't have them available at all times because they are careful of overbreeding. It took me 3 months before I was able to put a deposit on one and then it wasn't for another 3 months before she was old enough to pick up (3 months old before she was ready). You just have to email different breeders in various states in the area and then follow up with them every 3 weeks. Frenchie breeders also know other Frenchie breeders and should be able to refer you to someone they know who is having a litter. I know it's tough to wait but we are sooo happy we waited because we got our baby girl and we couldn't be happier:). My breeder is on the east coast and her name is Karen Robertson/Rock n Roll. She is listed on the directory and you could try emailing her to see if she knows anyone on the west coast having a litter. Good luck in your search:)