Seattle PHP User Group Message Board › PHP Drupal contract open in Redmond working on Social Gaming
Happy New Year Everyone,
I'm a recruiter at The TRIAD Group in Bellevue. I am currently working on a position that has multiple openings at Disney Interactive in Redmond. The job description is below. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Title: Software Development Engineer
Duration: Approx 6 -18 months (possible conversion opportunity)
Location: Redmond, WA
**Multiple positions open**
Disney Interactive seeks a Software Development Engineer with experience building high-performance, highly scalable systems that deliver great web, social and gaming experiences. The chosen candidate will develop components of the Disney Interactive web platform. Specifically, this work will focus on development of extensions to the Drupal 7 CMS framework.
In this role, you will integrate with the development team and contribute to design and implementation of engineering solutions. Solid design and analysis skills, as well as the ability to find innovative solutions to difficult problems, are required.
• Content management functionality
• Site management services and tools (e.g., workflow, scheduling, feed ingestion)
• Scale and performance optimizations
• User management
• Contribute to design and development of large scale services or server products
• Participate in all phases of software development and demonstrate a passion for quality results in each
• Interface effectively with Test/QA to support automation, unit testing and code coverage
• Bring to bear solid problem solving skills, design and coding skills
• Meet design, coding and documentation deadlines
• 5+ years of development experience, including mastery of PHP and some level of familiarity with the Drupal platform
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters a plus
• An understanding of web development technologies and languages generally, such as Java, .NET, C++, J2EE, Servlet, JDBC/ODBC, XML, etc.
• SQL, stored procedure and schema design experience; ideally experience with noSQL platforms such as MongoDB, CouchDB or others
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
• A working knowledge of Recovery-Oriented Computing or analogous approaches to high-reliability system and software design
• Experience with source control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, CVS, etc.) and with build integration and deployment