Seattle PHP User Group Message Board › PHP Developers - 8 openings
|A former member||
Thanks for taking a look at this opportunity. My client is growing and in need of multiple full-time resources. If you, or someone you know is interested in learning more, please reach out and I'm happy to talk with anyone, if for nothing else, simple networking. I can be reached at 206.262.1661 x109 or mjohnson(at)imatch(dotcom).
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a team that is focused on back-end development one of the world’s largest video chat platforms. You will have ownership over a portion of the platform and will be responsible for design, development, deployment, management and maintenance of portions of high-volume 24x7 web sites. This is a truly collaborative environment and the expectation is that this person will have a “what else can I do” attitude to make a positive impact on the company.
• Participate in requirements gathering, project scoping and task estimation.
• Seek out and develop ideas on how to improve existing software (tools, technologies, refactoring).
• Be able to clearly articulate your ideas and thoughts, and defend them verbally and in writing.
• Balance priorities and meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics; Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience developing distributed web-based applications.
• 5+ years of Object-Oriented Programming experience (PHP, C++, C#, Java).
• Strong skills in PHP and/or desire and willingness to work in PHP.
• Proven ability to debug, design and refactor large software systems.
• Experience with RDBMS, SQL (MySQL preferred).
• Experience developing in a Unix environment.
• Solid experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative approach to problem solving.
WHY WORK HERE?
• Private company that is profitable with over $200MM in annual revenue.
• Employee Profit-Sharing program
• 401K (50% employer match)
• 100% employer paid benefits
• 2 weeks paid vacation, 15 days PTO, 8 paid holidays
• Bus Pass or Parking subsidy
• Health Club subsidy
• Casual Environment
• Very employee focused company