Seattle PHP User Group Message Board › LAMP admin referral

LAMP admin referral

Ian D.
iandunn
Seattle, WA
Post #: 128
Does anyone know a good LAMP server consultant that they'd recommend? I've been maintaining several VPSs for a client, but I'd like to find someone to take it over so I can focus more on development.

Right now it's 6 VPSs (3 production, 3 staging) for separate projects, and mostly low traffic, but the client has strict security requirements regardless of the size. One of the sites has the potential to scale a lot in the next year as well. There are 2 other internal boxes that we might want to add to the contract, but they're not as important as the public ones. We'll likely add more public VPSs in the future for other projects.

The core responsibilities would be:

• Security

• Audit and harden the current setup
    • Setting up multi-factor auth for a number of services
    • Install security patches and maintain

• Scaling and optimization
  • Setup/maintain Git repo hosting with Gitolite
  • Setup staging to production deployment
  • General maintenance and updates
  • Backups

I'd prefer someone local, but I'm ok w/ working someone who isn't if they're the best fit. Familiarity with WordPress hosting and development would be nice, but it's not required. They don't need to be expert, but should have solid skills and experience.

You can reply here, or e-mail me at ian[ dot ]dunn[ at }mpangodev.com