align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Seattle PHP User Group Message Board › Looking for a junior developer

Looking for a junior developer

Ian D.
iandunn
Seattle, WA
Post #: 136
My company is looking for a junior developer to help us keep up with our busy workload. I think it'll be a good opportunity for the right person to get professional experience and grow as a programmer.

You'll need to have some previous experience building custom WordPress plugins (not just tweaking other people's code). Beyond that, experience building WordPress themes, JavaScript, familiarity with a version control system (like Git or Subversion), and some formal computer science training would put you towards the top of the list.

The position will initially be as a 1099 contractor, but would convert to a regular part-time position if you're reliable and produce quality work. We'll have about 15-20 hours of work for you a week. The hourly rate is negotiable, depending on experience and quality of work. We're a distributed company, so you'll be able to work remotely.

I'll be planning out projects and writing the basic framework for them, and then you'll complete them. We'll regularly review your work, and I'll point out areas where it may need improvement, and point you in the right direction. We have high standards for quality, so you'll need to be willing to learn, pay attention to detail, and accept constructive criticism.

Required Skills

• Junior-level experience with PHP, HTML, and CSS
  • Experience building custom WordPress plugins
  • Reliable
  • Detail-oriented
  • Able to mostly work independently, provided some direction is given

Bonus points

• Experience building WordPress themes
  • JavaScript
  • Git or other version-control system
  • Formal computer science training

If you think you'd be a good fit, e-mail some original code samples and your resume to ian.dunn@mpangodev.com.