Seattle PHP User Group Message Board › Cart Support Engineer
Hello, I'm not a recruiter but the company I work for is looking for someone to do some development and support. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Cart Support Engineer
The Federal Tax Authority (Fed-Tax), an exciting Internet startup in Seattle, is seeking an experienced support engineer to join our small but rapidly growing team. You will be responsible for providing world-class support to our customers and partners for our flagship cloud-based sales tax product, TaxCloud. This position will be our first-level support to our TaxCloud customers. You will be a catalyst for delivering high quality and timely customer support, collaborating with our engineering, sales, and marketing teams to drive product improvements based on customer feedback. You must be able to come up to speed quickly on our product and technology.
We are looking for a high-energy, forward-thinking person who has verifiable skills in technology and a proven ability to clearly communicate solutions to our customers' specific problems.
This position reports to the Director of Cloud Engineering and will be focused on supporting partners and customers of the TaxCloud product line. Key responsibilities include:
* Provide front-line technical support, by both email and phone, for TaxCloud partners and customers
* Use your excellent communication skills with our customers to ensure that problems are resolved in a timely fashion
* Research and develop fixes for common problems
* Escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to internal engineering resources
* Work closely with customers, engineering team, sales, and marketing to serve as a point of contact for customer issues
* Writing knowledgebase articles
* Document all customer issues including problem, resolution and time to fix
* A minimum of 2 years experience in a high technology software support engineering position.
* A minimum of 2 years experience developing with PhP
* Experience with several shopping carts
* Experience in providing technical support to remote customers
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in small groups
* Previous experience in startups is a big plus
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
* Passion and desire to make an impact
* Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills
FedTax makes it easy for businesses to calculate, collect, and remit sales tax with TaxCloud, its free sales tax management service. The company was founded by e-commerce veterans who have been directly involved in building some of the most recognizable brands on the internet, including Google, American Express, Microsoft, and Expedia. Over 2000 businesses rely on TaxCloud to calculate and remit sales tax across the country. It can be easily integrated into the most accounting, order management, and e-commerce shopping cart systems.
FedTax is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Connecticut and Kansas.
Local candidates only, no relocation (Greater Seattle Area).