addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Cinema Club Message Board › New Meetup: SKIN at the 7 Gables

New Meetup: SKIN at the 7 Gables

mary
user 5460435
Tucson, AZ
Announcing a new Meetup for Seattle Cinema Club!

What: SKIN at the 7 Gables

When: November 7, 2009 4:15 PM

Where:
Seven Gables Theatre
911 NE 50th St
Seattle, WA 98102

88% Fresh!

I'll be in the lobby at 4:15 and I look like my picture. We can go afterwards to the Indian restaurant down the street or Mamma's downstairs depending on group preferences.

The award-winning drama Skin tells one of the most unusual and moving true stories to emerge from apartheid South Africa. Sandra Laing (Sophie Okonedo, The Secret Life of Bees) is a black child born in the 1950s to white Afrikaners (Sam Neill, Alice Krige) who are unaware of their black ancestry. Her parents are rural shopkeepers serving the local black community, who lovingly bring her up as their 'white' little girl. But at the age of ten, Sandra is driven out of white society. The film follows Sandra's thirty-year journey from rejection to acceptance, betrayal to reconciliation, as she struggles to define her place in a changing world.

Director

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­