Seattle Cinema Club Message Board › New Meetup: The LAW (La Loi).

New Meetup: The LAW (La Loi). (Lollobrigida, Pierre Brasseur, Marcello Mastroianni)

gennaro
gennaro
Roma, RM
Announcing a new Meetup for Seattle Cinema Club!

What: The LAW (La Loi). (Lollobrigida, Pierre Brasseur, Marcello Mastroianni)

When: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:00 PM

Where: Varsity Theatre
4329 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
(206) 781-5755

For a knockout all-star cast you can't beat The Law (previously released in the U.S. as Where the Hot Wind Blows!), a 1959 classic written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Jules Dassin (Rififi, Night and the City, Topkapi, Never on Sunday). The voluptuous Gina Lollobrigida stars as Marietta, the gorgeous housekeeper to Don Cesare (Pierre Brasseur), the patriarch of a small Mediterranean coastal town. Lusted after by many men, including Francesco (Yves Montand), the son of a local crime boss, Marietta has her own desires, consisting of handsome but poor engineer Enrico (Marcello Mastroianni). Determined to secure the dowry that will enable her to marry Enrico, Marietta schemes to manipulate the men of the town through their own treacherous drinking game, which they call "The Law." Melina Mercouri also stars. Haden Guest, director of the Harvard Film Archive, calls The Law "a totally underrated and underappreciated gem." New 35mm print, in French with newly-translated subtitles

I will be in the lobby 15 minutes before the show. I look like my pic
Gennaro

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­