Seattle Culture Vultures Message Board › New Meetup: Artist Jessica Lambert at Haven (Ballard Art Walk)

New Meetup: Artist Jessica Lambert at Haven (Ballard Art Walk)

JK
user 6170974
Seattle, WA
Announcing a new Meetup for Seattle Culture Vultures!

What: Artist Jessica Lambert at Haven (Ballard Art Walk)
When: (A date and time has not been chosen yet.)

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Join us at Haven for a viewing of the work of artist Jessica F.K. Lambert and to see her in action. Wine and light Hors d'œuvres.
Jessica has been studying art and art history since 1992, both in college and graduate school. Although her first endeavor in art was as a child with collage in 1983 winning her first fine arts award, she did not return to art making until 1993, starting again with collage, then moving forward with oi...l pastels and soft pastels and now also with acrylics and oils. Today, she works as a volunteer docent at the Seattle Art Museum giving tours of special exhibitions and the permanent collection. More about her art below in her own words.
I have always loved color—for me it expresses emotion and contemplation. I first started exploring color through abstraction, working with oil pastels and soft pastels, and manipulating them with my fingers to create a soft velvet look. After some training, I started exploring color through more realistic renderings. Architecture, objects, my loved ones-- bits and pieces from my own everyday life have become the subjects of my artwork. Now, I am working with acrylics on drawings I have done throughout the years in my sketchbooks.
My passion for color remains at the center of my artwork, and I think always will—my goal is to be fearless through color.

Check it out!