addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Google Developer Group (GDG) Message Board General Q&A › Podcasting startup needs web developer to build site

Podcasting startup needs web developer to build site

Michael S.
user 10203922
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 7
I am looking for a web designer/developer who is interested in helping build a basic web site with e-commerce capabilities to sell a training course on how to use podcasting for growing careers and businesses. I developed a technique, and strategy, for using podcasts to help me find a job when I become unemployed in 2009 which helped me land the job I have now (in a software firm).

However, LOTS of people have been approaching me asking for help in doing podcasting on their own and I have now started marketing a training course for doing this. I’ve been speaking to Seattle area business and job speaker groups about how to use podcasting in January and after every presentation I have people coming up asking when they will be able to attend the $1000 course I mentioned in my presentation.

I have only one problem: I don’t have a web site yet!!! I would like to find an enthusiastic developer who would like to help create the web site for this business. This will be done on a revenue sharing basis (i.e. payment will be based on a percentage of revenue), and the developer will stand to make FAR more money over the term of our arrangement than they would if this was just a times and materials deal.

The ideal candidate will be good at BOTH web design and basic development. The core features of the site are:
• Have a simple intro/brochure to the ideas and products.
• Allow people to “purchase” either the on-line training course or tickets to in-person classroom sessions that will be scheduled.
• Have a user registration system so paying customers can login and gain access to the videos and documents in the training course.
• Allow customers to upload MP3 file recordings so that our company can edit and post them (we need to track which recordings are from which customers).

If we can meet all these needs by using existing web platforms, and hosting in the cloud, then that would be wonderful. I have no desire to re-create the wheel if it isn’t necessary.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in working with me to create my do-it-yourself podcasting training course, please drop me an e-mail. You can contact me at prop.ms@surkan.com

Here is the blog piece about my podcasting ideas in the Seattle Times:
http://bit.ly/podtime...­

Here is the link to my 10 minute video outlining my podcasting strategy:
http://bit.ly/podintr...­

Thanks,
Michael Surkan