addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Google Developer Group (GDG) Message Board Android › Android collaborators - anyone?

Android collaborators - anyone?

Tom R.
CloudyCity
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5
I am learning Android - just published my first app (14 downloads already - free) but am not very good at ideas. My first app is a very very simple barcode scanner -> contact manager similar to several other apps but does nothing else. Simple to think of and simple to code.

I would like to find an idea or project that is more interesting and substantial. I have one idea of an Android/AppEngine project but it would be for resume only - open source, not on the google market but it would be more fun to find something that would be interesting and make some money.

I would like to find people who are in the same learning curve area to work on a project with.
Daevid V.
DAE51D
Redmond, WA
Post #: 3
I am learning Android - just published my first app (14 downloads already - free) but am not very good at ideas. My first app is a very very simple barcode scanner -> contact manager similar to several other apps but does nothing else. Simple to think of and simple to code.

I would like to find an idea or project that is more interesting and substantial. I have one idea of an Android/AppEngine project but it would be for resume only - open source, not on the google market but it would be more fun to find something that would be interesting and make some money.

I would like to find people who are in the same learning curve area to work on a project with.

Related to my post here:
http://www.meetup.com...­

Maybe we could collaborate on the ideas I have and instead of a "teacher/student" relationship, we would be partners instead...

My main concern would be location/proximity to each other? I live in Redmond and work in Bothell. Where are you located? At least initially I'd want to meet up and work together until we could break the application into sections each of us could work on independently. Via an RCS (subversion, git, etc.) we could then checkin our code that way.
Tom R.
CloudyCity
Seattle, WA
Post #: 8
I would be interested in a collaboration. I have gained a lot of experience (my little app has just 44,000 downloads) with Android since my original post and helped a couple of people with their own ideas.
I do have a github account that I could put a project on and share. In my day job I work with a team in India and am very used to using IM and Google wave (plus email and the phone of course) to communicate.
this message board croaked when I included an email address but there should be a way to get a communication started.