The Seattle Web Design Meetup Message Board › Front-End Web Engineer
|A former member||
An eye for design is a must, and previous mobile development experience is strongly desired. Ideally, you’re familiar with various mobile OS’s (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, etc) or pick up different UI’s and browser constraints very quickly. You should be passionate about writing clean, semantically-correct code and diligent about keeping file sizes tiny. You should view nit-picky designers and QA engineers as your allies. You should also enjoy working on teams with 1-2 other developers, and be motivated by a sense of ownership of your projects.
- Understanding of mobile development best practices
- Strong familiarity with Fireworks, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with version control platforms (i.e. SVN, Git) and bug tracking systems
- Understanding and appreciation for design
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate effectively with multiple developers
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about staying on top of the rapidly changing mobile industry while working in an equally fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working on a Mac/OSX
- Cross-platform mobile web development experience (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, webOS, etc)
- Web/graphic design background
- Extensive knowledge of web optimization principles
- Experience leading development projects and/or junior-level developers
Who we are
Übermind is the digital agency behind many award-winning iOS and Android apps, as well as several acclaimed mobile-optimized websites. We are dedicated to a culture that fosters innovation, creativity, excellence and community. Our comprehensive benefits package includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their families, extensive time off, immediate 401K match, and frequent Übermind-sponsored festivities.
Please, send an email including your resume (PDF format) and a link to portfolio/websites you’ve created.