addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Web Design Message Board › What happened to all the meetings?

What happened to all the meetings?

A former member
Post #: 3
I came here today and saw meetings lined up weekly from June 1st onwards, but now they're all gone. What's going on?
LJ B.
LJBothell
Seattle, WA
Not a clue - I was wondering that too. Do we need a new organizer? Anyone interested in meeting in West Seattle every 3 or so weeks?
A former member
Post #: 4
That works great for me!
A former member
Post #: 5
It also looks like none of the past meetings were well attended. Hundreds of members, but only 3-8 per meeting actually make it. Hmm...
A former member
Post #: 6
I sent a message off to James (current organizer) letting him know I am available to help org the meetups.

The last few meetups were small and social affairs. We discussed moving to a format with presentations and a second social meetup appropriate for networking. That didn't happen, yet. Maybe we can move in that direction this Fall.

"Web design" is a pretty loose confederation of disciplines really, so I can see this meetup group hosting multiple meetups in multiple locations. Members shouldn't have to wait to hope their fav topic is covered in one of the 12 monthly meetings.

If there are several members in West Seattle that can't make a meeting in Seattle (we've met in the University District in the past) then I would encourage us to have a West Seattle assistant organizer who creates events for that locale.

Ideally I'd like a location with a projector or whiteboard, good coffee, comfortable seats, not too loud, and easy to access. Does such a place exist? Oh did I mention free? Any ideas?
A former member
Post #: 1
Has anyone here checked out Refresh Seattle? I've been attending the one in Phoenix, AZ for the last couple years which has a terrific community of folks.

I would like to help out with some of the organizing, but will have to wait till I move up there.
A former member
Post #: 13
Refresh Seattle (http://refreshseattle...­) is great. The presentations have high quality content. Also great for meeting new people.
A former member
Thanks for the insight on Refresh Seattle.

Regarding general vs. focused topics, I agree that more focused topic groups with presentations is valuable. I've started a Rich Media Advertising group and would love input for an upcoming Meetup I'm pulling together in November.

Rich Media Advertising group
A former member
Hey Seattle Web Designers,
Aren't you tired of personifying the nerd image by sitting alone in front of your computer?
It's the holidays. Time to mingle.
Bring your computers and sit in front of them in a group of like minded designers.
Let's share what we're doing and give each other some feedback.
West Seattle? Third Wednesday of December?
Anyone know a good place?
Could go to the West Five if it's quiet enough. It's certainly dark enough.
Cheers,
Sparyd
LJ B.
LJBothell
Seattle, WA
How about Uptown Espresso, a couple of blocks south of West 5, in West Seattle (California and Erskine, I think.)? Who would like to meet on Sunday, January 25, at about 2pm? Let me know!!

1/25/09 - no one visited Uptown.