Linda, my wheaten terrier, wants to chase a few Para gliders off Poo Poo Point this weekend. If you'd like to stretch your legs and see a nice view of the Issaquah/Lake Sammamish area, please join us!
FYI: This will be a bit longer and more strenuous of a hike than the last two I've scheduled @ Little Si and Rattlesnake.
Trail: Poo Poo Point, http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/poo-poo-point
1. Head southeast on I-90 E toward Exit 17
2. Take exit 17 for Front St toward East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast
3. Turn right onto Front St N
4. Turn left onto E Sunset Way
5. Turn right onto 2nd Ave SE
6. Turn left onto SE Evans St, Issaquah High schools will be on your Right
7. Look for a Gravel Parking lot on Right just past High School parking lot behind a Baseball Field
Location: Issaquah Alps -- Tiger Mountain
Well-behaved, friendly dogs
Over 40 lbs. or of medium size
allowed on hike. Linda, my wheaten terrier will be joining us. She is very playful and energetic, but on occasion asserts her dominance over small dogs that
Discover Pass required
11:15-11:30 A.M. Carpool @ Mercer Island Park N Ride.
If you need/want to carpool please meet @Mercer Island Park N Ride.
If you do not need/want to carpool please meet @ Gravel Parking lot near High school.
Mercer Island Park N Ride, 8000 N. Mercer Way, Mercer Island
This facility is served by
11:50 A.M.-12:00 P.M. Meetup @ Gravel Parking lot near High school
12:00-12:10 P.M. Hike Begins. Please be on time and ready to go or be prepared to catch up with the group on the trail.
- Extra Layer of Clothing, Hiking pants, Hat, Gloves, etc. to keep warm
- Trail will have some snow and mud. Gaiters may keep you a bit less muddy. Microspikes, snoweshoes, etc. not necessary.
- Water & Snack.
- Waterproof Hiking Shoes and Jacket.
- A good attitude is a great start.
- Be in reasonably good shape.
Rain, Snow, Sleet but not Hail :)