Want to learn how to package and ship minified, clean code to the rest of the world just like the pros? Want to learn how to manage client side dependencies? Want to learn how to stop writing the same boilerplate code over and over again?
Grunt, Bower and Yeoman are taking the front end development world bystorm. In the past few months they've also started working better together as a trio. In this 3 hour workshop at Facebook's beautiful downtown headquarters we'll help you learn how to leverage these tools to create a modern, maintainable workflow.
We'll have a short lecture on each technology along with Q&A plus a series of lightning talks from the community demonstrating how people are using these technologies in real projects.
- Ivan Stork: Grunt + Rails
- Ryan Eastridge: generator-release, simplify your release workflow
- Lance Harper: Bower and Grunt at nbc.com
- Jeffrey Lembeck: How to release your own grunt plugin
- Josh Schumacher: logging with grunt
- Shae Kuronen: grunt-ejs-static, static site generation with Grunt
- Erik Trom: generator-thorax, quick setup for Thorax or Backbone applications
- Noah Colins: grunt-autoprefixer, add vendor prefixed CSS
- Thomas Wilburn: Using grunt to package Chrome applications
- Bryan Shelton: Pushing to S3 with Grunt
- Daniel Stockman: generator-yui, create YUI galleries
Due to long wait lists and a persistent percentage of no-shows for SeattleJS meetups we will now be charging $3 to attend SeattleJS workshops. We hope this only discourages the no-shows and apologize to you, our faithful never no-showing attendee.
Pizza and beer will be provided courtesy of PayScale, just bring your lovely self, and a laptop pre-installed with the latest version of Node.