addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle OpenSource Linux Message Board › New Location for the meetup?

New Location for the meetup?

Jonathan K.
user 11093030
Group Organizer
Bellingham, WA
Post #: 3
Hi everybody!

There has been discussion about moving our Linux Meetup to another location.

I suggested the Elysian Brewery in Tangle Town ( http://goo.gl/maps/48...­ ), but I would love to hear other suggestions!

A former member
Post #: 20
It may make sense to have a location that is more appropriate for conversation than a bar.
A bar/ restaurant is fine for groups of maybe 4 or 5 people, larger groups get split up and
a common meeting is not possible.
Jonathan K.
user 11093030
Group Organizer
Bellingham, WA
Post #: 4
I'd totally love to find a non-bar location; I know from other groups I sponsor/organize that finding places like that are really tough...
At least a Grims we can usually take over a complete table.
Again; I'd love suggestions!
Case
user 2393233
Seattle, WA
Post #: 138
North end of Seattle is great for me.

I haven't been to Tangletown before, but I'm game. Hopefully the parking is better than around Grim's.
Jim
Santiago78
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
A non-bar location would be fine; a restaurant with on-site parking may be more suitable. I've admittedly been more of a lurker for this group than an active participant because of I've never been a fan of street or paid lot parking. Perhaps something near the rail might be worth consideration.