The Seattle Pug Meetup Group Message Board › DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..WE LOST OUR BELOVED WINSTON ON SUNDAY MORNING...

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..WE LOST OUR BELOVED WINSTON ON SUNDAY MORNING...

A former member
Post #: 10
I write this with an incredibly heavy heart..we lost our 3 year old Winston on Sunday morning due to a horrible accident.

Our family had a bonfire Saturday night and the kids made smores, we went to bed woke up in the morning, fed the dogs breakfast, put them out to go potty in the backyard. We did not know that a marshmellow bag had been left at the firepit with a few marshmellows still inside but after just being out there for about 20 minutes our older pug Milo started barking continuously so we looked out the window and found that Winston had the marshmellow bag completely over his head (have no idea how he could have gotten it all the way over his head) but it was and we were just too late and he had suffocated. It was the most awful scene I could ever imagine seeing so I wanted to share this story with all of you so that this horrible thing doesn't happen to you.

It's so crazy that he didn't just rip into it but instead decided to put his head in the bag..it's so unreal. It was so tight around his head I just can hardly believe that he did it but we have no close neighbors and no one would do something like that. We have buried him in our backyard and he will always be near us. We are still so beyond devestated but I wanted to share our story so this never happens to any of you.

Take care,
Avery
SANDRA M.
sandradeen
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 165
Avery, I am so sorry for your loss. I can not even imagine.
With having pugs and now a toddler get into the craziest things that you never would have imagined I now am more cautious about what is out but I never would have thought about something like that. Thank you for sharing and helping us with this warning.
Lesley
MrCutePants
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Avery,

Thank you so so much for sharing your story! Oh boy what a horrible scene to see and then ahve to act upon. I'm glad that he will be near your family. My heart goes out to you and yours!
A former member
Post #: 11
Thank you so much, yes, was awful and never something we would have ever thought could/would happen. I appreciate your comments, your both so sweet :)

Happy Easter to you and yours!
Avery
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm so sorry to hear about Winston...that's just horrible.

I cannot imagine.