Michelle has posted the route YAY
Here it is, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks to Scott B and Victoria M for being sexy and hip with their fabu Capitol Hill connections, and assembling our dream *wedding*!
Seattle Brides of March Itinerary
March 9, 2013
7:00 Engagement Party at Purr http://www.purrseattle.com/
8:00 Bachelorette Party at Unicorn http://www.unicornseattle.com/
9:00 Wedding processional
Featuring prenuptial confessionals with select Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence!
9:15 Marriage Ceremony to our chosen groom, Jimi Hendrix on Broadway.
Nuptials to be performed by our esteemed minister, Reverend Plato P. Fuddwinkle the IVth of the Mighty Shaft of God
9:45 Celebration at The Lobby http://thelobbyseattle.com/
“Best of Brides” contest winner announcements
11:00 Honeymoon at Club Q http://www.qcapitolhill.com/
Brides will get their cover fee waived
• We will update the Facebook invitation page that night with our locations in real-time. If you have RSVPd you will get the notifications.
• Hear ye, Hear ye: In honor of Washington’s R74 being voted in and to recognize equal marriage rights for all we will have an ordained wedding minister, Father Whiskey Dick, on site to legally any couple who wants to tie the knot—legally and everything! Give us a heads up if in advance, ok? (and your spouse-to-be, of course)
• Yes, We married and divorced Jimi three years ago but after some family therapy we have renewed our devotion to him and are rekindling the romance.
• Tip the bartenders. Tip the bartenders. Tip the bartenders. Tip the bartenders!
Brides of March 2013: Capitol Hill
• Stay tuned for updates including details on the categories for the “Best of Brides” costume contest, which will be posted soon. The starting location and itinerary for the designated clubs and pubs will be posted by March 1.
• Hear ye, Hear ye! In honor of Washington’s R74 being voted in and to recognize equal marriage rights for all, we will have an ordained wedding minister, Father Whiskey Dick, on site to legally marry any couple who wants to tie the knot—legally and everything!
What is "Brides of March?"
The Seattle Brides of March is an annual pub crawl and antics in a chosen neighborhood of night clubs. Attendees don bridal gowns or other matrimonial outfits including groom suits, bridesmaids dresses or clergy attire. It’s the perfect opportunity to recycle your wife’s wedding gown from her previous marriage, to dress up as the bride you always dreamed about without the muss of a real wedding or to just join a heretical eclectic crew of Seattle’s foremost partyers in formal wear.
Features include whimsical and raunchy games, a “Best of Brides” costume contest, and most importantly—the big wedding ceremony to the new Groom of the Year. Divorcés of yesteryear have included George Washington at UW, the Firefighters of Pioneer Square, and Jimi Hendrix on Broadway.
If you’re old enough to enter a bar, can rally up an outfit, and understand the social graces of a pub crawl*, consider yourself invited! We look forward to seeing you in your bridal best..or worst!
*introduce yourself to the brides you haven’t yet met, be respectful of the other patrons in the bars we visit, be responsible for your booze consumption, and bring extra cash to tip the bartenders.
There is also a Seattle Brides of March group. If you would like to join go to:
More info on what Brides of March is:
http:// www.bridesofmarch.org/ Brides/BridesOfMarch.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Brides_of_March This event is cross-posted with other sites and open to everyone