What is a skeptic's group and what do you talk about anyway? (aka "Do you doubt *everything*??")
This is the perfect Meetup for someone who not only questioned everything that didn't make sense in school- but researched it later to see if it held up. (Ms Annestis would be delighted to see you've made something of yourself!)
We like to examine, investigate, and discuss some of the evidence around topics that you may have wondered about:
- Are organically grown foods really better or safer for you?
- Is there any evidence that...
psychics can do *anything* supernatural?
9/11 was an inside job?
Intelligent Design is a real science?
alternative therapies like acupuncture, homeopathy, Reiki, etc are any more effective than sugar pills?
chiropractic can cure such ills as cancer or the common cold?
- What science is there in the Sci Fi Channel reality series, Ghost Hunters or local ghosthunter groups?
- (Do I need to list these??) Sasquatch, UFO's, Loch Ness exist?
- What defines a cult, and what are some of the most dangerous ones?
- Is there any empirical evidence supporting the newest craze "The Secret" aka "The Law of Attraction"?
Going beyond that- we explore the psychology why
people believe in strange things despite evidence to the contrary.
So come see what we're all about, you'll likely find a topic you're passionate about!