Restaurant Week is almost over, but let's squeeze in a couple more great meals!
My second of two last-minute events this week will be at Anchovies & Olives, Ethan Stowell's Capitol Hill restaurant that's vaguely Italian-inspired, but is really all about seafood, in the form of crudo and other entrees featuring eclectic (and usually very tasty) combinations. The atmosphere as well as the food here feels fresh and modern.
Given the short notice, I was only able to get a table for 4, and only for this early time slot, but I know it'll be great. Please only RSVP if you're sure you can make it, and can get there on time. No-show rules will still apply.
Here's the posted Restaurant Week menu (subject to change), 3 courses for $28:
• Escolar crudo. Pickled cauliflower, currants, avocado
• Endive salad. Smoked trout, grapefruit, almonds, tarragon
• Sunchoke soup. Manila clams, Sunchoke chips, chili oil
• Bigoli. Anchovy, garlic, chili, mint, pangratatto
• Strozzapretti niri. Marinated cuttlefish, Fresno chili, parsley
• Swordfish. Herbed fregola sarda, salsa putanesca
• Chocolate torte. Strawberry coulis, almond croccante
• Meyer lemon pudding cake. Rhubarb compote, vanilla cream
• Seasonal sorbetto. Salted vanilla shortbread
Onsite garage parking is apparently available off Pine Street, with the first hour free of charge.