|Sent on:||Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:33 PM|
I apologize to send this email to all of you and not just the folks who are attending the FERN LAKE Hike on November 10th. I was hoping the fires would have been put out by now but they are continuing to smolder. Caryl sent me a link to the fire situation and I confirmed it with the link and by calling the ranger station in RMNP. The rangers told me even if the fires are out they will not allow anyone to go into the area in case the fires below the surface begin to re-ignite. I will be scheduling another hike in RMNP in a few hours. The reason I want to notify all of you about this is in case you decide to go up there with friends and family and also if you're an organizer who may be heading up there with your group. For my group it's because some of you may decide to or not to go on the hike I'll be scheduling
Thanks for your patience and I do apologize.